September 13, 2016
culture, Literature, Media, Philosophy
folklore, free thought, memes, society
Hello fellow zopbopians! I’ve been reading book on world folklore. [Full title: Interpreting Folklore by Alan Dundes.] There’s this section on the folklore of the ‘Evil Eye‘. It’s funny and sometimes vulgar at best. The author claims ‘blue’ evil eye’s are considered evil. And the best way to defeat an evil eye is by another evil eye. It’s relates to the principle of ‘like against like’. I always thought you can’t fight fire with fire but I guess you can fight evil eye with evil eye. Hmm-m…that’s something to consider in the future.
Until neXt time…eye’ll be seeing you!
December 25, 2015
America, Black Americans, culture, Education, History, Philosophy, Power, Race, Self Development, zobop republic
Hello fellow zobopians! Wow! It’s been a while since I wrote anything original. At least I re-blogged. Reading is fundamental, right? Alright, time to get to the nitty gritty.
I’ve been thinking about Black America’s so-called “Talented 10th”. If you know anything about William Edward Burghardt “W. E. B.” Du Bois, then you see where that term comes from. It’s been over 100 years since Mr. Du Bois wrote about the Talented 10th or as it should be called nowadays is the “Black Talented”. I would like to think after 100+ years we would have more than 10 percent of the Black population that’s considered ‘talented’.
If Du Bois called one part of Black America the ‘Talented 10th’, what was the other 90% called? Would it be the “Least Talented”? When I thought about this scenario, you realize that Affirmative Action is “only” for the Black Talented. How does Affirmative Action help the Least Talented? How the hell can 10% of the Black Talented up-lift the other 90% of a population? This is where I started thinking about the Law of Averages. [The law of averages is a layman’s term for a belief that the statistical distribution of outcomes among members of a small sample must reflect the distribution of outcomes across the population as a whole.] I don’t see how a small part of Black America can help a greater portion beyond their own small talented numbers.
Consider this; when Napoleon invaded Russia in 1812 he lost about 10% of his Grand Army. And with that he lost that war! I read some ago the reason he lost was because his Grande Army became demoralized after the loss of soldiers. They probably had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) too.
Now, fast forward to now, the 21st century, and I keep hearing about how Black college students, the Black Talented (10th), having PTSD and other traumas due to white micro-aggression. I think when it comes to the war on micro-aggression on Black students, I don’t see Black America winning a war against anything or anybody!
P.S. Will the Talented 10th “pick at” dead people OR “pick up” where other people leave off?
P.S.S. The Black Talented should never let anybody see them cry. A.K.A. whiny crybabies.
O.K. that’s it for now…until neXt time…
October 4, 2015
Black Americans, Blogging, culture, Society
critical thinking, society, zobop republic
Hello fellow world zobopians! I was reading the current issue of Esquire magazine for October 2015, the 1000th issue. This is just something that inspired the following post. [If you’re wondering, the article I was reading was about Ernest Hemingway.]
[My mind works in mysterious ways!]
Blackness in America is just something that grows big enough to be taken apart and sold for pieces. Cultural appropriation is just another industry to feed and feed off of. Blackness is a ‘brand’ with a shelf life. This is why I never worship Blackness. Neither should you. After you buy, you just end up throwing away. BUYER BEWARE!
Until neXt time…