The Talented 10th Law Of Averages

Leave a comment

Hello fellow zobopians!  Wow!  It’s been a while since I wrote anything original.  At least I re-blogged.  Reading is fundamental, right?  Alright, time to get to the nitty gritty.

I’ve been thinking about Black America’s so-called “Talented 10th”.  If you know anything about William Edward Burghardt “W. E. B.” Du Bois, then you see where that term comes from.  It’s been over 100 years since Mr. Du Bois wrote about the Talented 10th or as it should be called nowadays is the “Black Talented”.  I would like to think after 100+ years we would have more than 10 percent of the Black population that’s considered ‘talented’.

If Du Bois called one part of Black America the ‘Talented 10th’, what was the other 90% called?  Would it be the “Least Talented”?  When I thought about this scenario, you realize that Affirmative Action is “only” for the Black Talented.  How does Affirmative Action help the Least Talented?  How the hell can 10% of the Black Talented up-lift the other 90% of a population?  This is where I started thinking about the Law of Averages.  [The law of averages is a layman’s term for a belief that the statistical distribution of outcomes among members of a small sample must reflect the distribution of outcomes across the population as a whole.]  I don’t see how a small part of Black America can help a greater portion beyond their own small talented numbers.

Consider this;  when Napoleon invaded Russia in 1812 he lost about 10% of his Grand Army.  And with that he lost that war!  I read some ago the reason he lost was because his Grande Army became demoralized after the loss of soldiers.  They probably had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) too.

Now, fast forward to now, the 21st century, and I keep hearing about how Black college students, the Black Talented (10th), having PTSD and other traumas due to white micro-aggression.  I think when it comes to the war on micro-aggression on Black students, I don’t see Black America winning a war against anything or anybody!

P.S.  Will the Talented 10th “pick at” dead people OR “pick up” where other people leave off?

P.S.S.  The Black Talented should never let anybody see them cry.  A.K.A. whiny crybabies.

O.K. that’s it for now…until neXt time…

Campus Activism and Emotional Intelligence

Leave a comment

It seems that white college students were not prepared to share space with ‘other’ people.

Absolute No

Piece written on a campus activism and where it stems from. Please like and share.

View original post 890 more words